Are you looking for the best dating apps in India without payments? Are you seeking true love, romance, or friendship to spice up your dull routine life? Let’s explore the top dating apps for building lasting social connections.
Online dating apps are AI-powered platforms for finding casual dates, romantic relationships, marriage partners, and like-minded individuals. These apps identify potential matches in your locality, city, state, and country based on your preferences, hobbies, and personality traits. Besides, they expand your outreach by facilitating cross-border connections.
In short, Indian dating apps help find people with similar interests and outlooks from your region. So, the next time you are Youtubing, Netflixing, gaming, go-karting, or cooking, you may have a true companion beside you to enjoy shared experiences.
Continue reading for more details on popular online destinations in India for finding great friends or your Mr./Ms. Right.
Best Dating Apps In India (2023 List)- An overview
With a radical shift in the dating culture, many home-grown apps exclusively catering to Indian sensitivities have sprung up in the recent past. Moreover, many global dating apps have gained traction with Indians and NRIs. Cities like Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, and Hyderabad are top in dating app usage.
The dating apps in India offer unique features and robust security standards for pleasant dating experiences. Moreover, they provide expert relationship counseling, dating advice, and useful resources for building never-ending personal & professional associations.
How We Choose The Top 10 Dating Apps For India?
We use dating apps for making connections, we often browse through their blogs/articles for dating tips and relationship “Dos and Don’ts.” These universal guides help spot the right partner, sustain a bond, and protect users from falling into fake love traps. Moreover, featured success stories of couples whose love blossomed on these apps are engaging reads with valuable lessons.
Best Dating Apps In India Which Are Free On Android & iPhone
Based on various parameters like value-added features, pricing, inclusivity, safety policies, and ease of use, We have curated below a list of the best free dating apps in India for 2023.
1) Aisle – A dynamic Community Connecting Online For Dating Offline.
Aisle is a Banglore based dating app with runaway success in the high-intent dating space. Designed by Indians for Indians, Aisle connects individuals of Indian and South-Asian descent to build a vibrant community that believes in deep-rooted love.
However, it is neither a matrimony site nor a casual dating platform and strikes a delicate balance between relationships with varying degrees of commitment and exclusivity.
- Conversation ideas for Aisle IRL.
- Date Plans to ask people out, especially those in your vicinity.
- Facebook Folio for getting more insights into potential dates’ personalities.
- Wingman for quickly converting virtual dates into in-person dates.
- Circles to scout for compatible personas.
- Virtual roses for expressing interest in a profile.
- “Bookmark” for anonymously saving prospective dates’ profiles.
- Forever stories, dating & relationship write-ups, and tips.
Download Aisle From Play Store: Aisle
Download Aisle From Apple Store: Aisle
2) Badoo – Nurturing Honest Relationships.
Badoo is an excellent app for meeting people who accept you wholeheartedly for what you are rather than pressuring you to become something you are not. Thus, Baddo emphasizes frank, unfiltered talks over conversations to impress or those loaded with self-doubts.
Touted as the biggest Indian dating app with a large global user base, Baddo firmly believes that honesty, openness, and transparency lay the foundation for an undying bond. Thus, it is the perfect platform to connect with individuals compatible with the real, unapologetic you.
- Users can see who liked their posts or added them to their “favorites” list.
- Invisible mode.
- Users can undo the last “No” votes.
- Stickers & message highlighters
- Nominally-priced Premium plans.
- Baddo credits for rising in search results and spotlighting your profile
Download Badoo From Play Store: Badoo
Download Badoo From Apple Store: Badoo
3) Bumble – Transforming Dating, Gender, And Power Dynamics
Bumble is a globally-renowned app for cultivating meaningful connections, including romantic partnerships, friendships, and professional contacts, for a healthy and productive life. Moreover, the Bumble Indian app and site pages are visually-appealing, inviting more users to test the waters before plunging into a relationship.
An exciting feature of Bumble is that females make the first move, challenging regressive heterosexual practices and dating norms. Thus, it fosters strong ties based on equality and mutual respect.
- Bumble BFF for discovering new friends.
- Bumble Bizz to create a professional network for advancing careers, finding lucrative jobs, and promoting personal/business brands.
- Grants for small businesses.
- Bumble Buzz and how-to guides
- Paid features like incognito mode, backtrack, spotlight, and unlimited swipes
- Bumble IRL for member-only in-person events.
- Success stories.
- SuperSwipe to get attention.
- Matches must respond within 24 hours.
Download Bumble From Play Store: Bumble
Download Bumble From Apple Store: Bumble
4) Happn – Connecting Across Borders, Languages, And Cultures.
Happn is a unique app conceptualized using live geolocation technology to find millions of people you crossed paths with and whom you are destined to meet for lifelong friendships or relationships.
It is one of the best free dating apps in India, with a built-in algorithm for detecting locations where you stumbled upon a particular person or past crush. While most global apps support Hindi and English, Happn supports Telegu too.
- Like and crush.
- Search preferences
- Brand campaigns
- Certified profiles.
- Audio/Voice calls, notes and feeds.
- “Similarities” functionality to track profiles with shared interests/ideologies.
- Know about future crushes.
- Subscription-only features like ten hellos per day, crush time games, received likes, scheduled invisibility, etc.
Download Happn From Play Store: Happn
Download Happn From Apple Store: Happn
5) Hinge – Building Relationships With Honesty, Empathy, And Courage
Guided by the principles of authenticity, bravery, trust, and responsiveness to diverse viewpoints, the Hinge dating app is an innovator in intentioned dating. It maintains a transparent environment by encouraging users to create detailed profiles stating their education, religion, lifestyle, pastimes, etc., to get the best matches for developing unbreakable bonds.
Besides, you must enter three proven prompts, and the Hinge dating app will keep the ones with the maximum probability of getting you out on a date. Moreover, Hinge helps users initiate conversations by liking a specific part of a profile and commenting underneath it to take the first step towards relationship building.
- Nobel-Prize-Winning matchmaking algorithm.
- Eight free likes.
- Safe dating tips
- Connection experts.
- Voice prompts.
- Designed to be deleted, truthful, and for better dates.
Download Hinge From Play Store: Hinge
Download Hinge From Apple Store: Hinge
6) OkCupid – Meet The People Who, Matter
OkCupid is an inclusive dating app for experiencing love, friendship, and happiness through connections that matter to you. It is the pioneer platform to offer 13 sexual orientations and 22 gender choices. Moreover, it has comprehensive questions on various topics, from cilantro to climate change, to help its one-of-a-kind algorithm suggest top matches for every user.
- Identity options for LGBTQ+ users.
- Monthly dating data centers.
- Dating archives
- Personalized compatibility score
- Profile highlighting.
- Member-only features: Likes received without making the first move, progressive filters for tracking local singles, etc
Download OkCupid From Play Store: OkCupid
Download OkCupid From Apple Store: OkCupid
7) QuackQuack – The Ideal Place For Desis To Find True Love
QuackQuack is one of the best free dating apps in India, with 19M+ registered singles and 10M+ downloads to date. It displays matches from all over the country without limiting your options and follows a zero-tolerance policy toward fake profiles. For enhanced security, shady profiles are blocked for moderation and further inspection.
I found the app slick, sophisticated, and specifically designed for the modern Indian residing in a burgeoning economy, working hard, partying harder, and being open to e-dating.
- Manual and AI content moderation.
- Blogs for singles, dating, flirting, V-day, etc.
- Profiles screened for 12 parameters.
- Safety guide.
- Open for widows/widowers and divorcees.
- Podium for initiating live-in/open relationships.
- State-wise and category-wise profile searches.
- Selfie verification.
Download QuackQuack From Play Store: QuackQuack
Download QuackQuack From Apple Store: QuackQuack
8) Tinder – The Number One App For Swiping Through Prospective Matches
Considered a go-to travel companion with coverage in 190+ counties, Tinder is a world-famous dating app in India for virtually meeting and chatting with local folks and users with similar passions worldwide. Moreover, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Tinder introduced “face-to-face video call” to keep connections going, irrespective of lockdown restrictions.
Besides, Tinder does not filter profiles based on ethnic /religious identities and demographics. With 55B+ matches to date, Tinder is one of the top sites to explore casual dating, courtship, love, romance, and relationships, regardless of your sexual orientation.
- Premium functionalities: 70% longer conversations, 3x matching chances, 10x profile views, and one free super like monthly.
- Swipe Night – interactive series
- Paid memberships:
Plus: Unlimited likes, Passport for making connections worldwide, Rewind to redo actions.
Gold: 1 monthly boost for highlighting profiles for 30 minutes in the local area, consolidated dashboard of received likes.
Platinum: Adding notes to super likes, priority likes, and tailored top 10 profile picks.
- Verified profiles with blue checkmarks.
- Swipe Right to Like and Swipe Left to Nope.
- Double-Opt-in for mutual matches.
- Supports Hindi, English, Tamil, Telegu, and Bengali
- Video chats for testing online dating chemistry
Download Tinder From Play Store: Tinder
Download Tinder From Apple Store: Tinder
9) TrulyMadly – Tinder-Style Mobile Dating Platform For Indians
Trulymadly is a 100% “Made-In-India” app for Indians desiring serious relationships. It has a unique compatibility assessment model, wherein the app will do the initial compatibility check based on specific parameters.
These evaluation criteria have been chosen based on analytical insights from relationship experts and clinical psychologists into factors that could make or break relationships in the present era.
- Selfie verification
- Compatibility and psychological quiz for quality matching
- Like/Spark a profile that appeals to you.
- Blogs on gift ideas, safe love, dating for singles, etc
- Couple’s corner.
- Chat and play games.
- Trust scores
- Incognito mode
- Icebreakers, emojis, and stickers to make conversation engaging.
- Paid packages to boost your profile 3x
Download TrulyMadly From Play Store: TrulyMadly
Download TrulyMadly From Apple Store: TrulyMadly
10) Woo – A Distinct App That Puts Women First.
Woo is an innovative Indian dating app that empowers Indian women to make enduring connections without compromising their safety and privacy. It aims to make dating a smooth and fun experience by placing paramount importance on gut instincts which play a significant role in romantic connections.
Moreover, Woo has a smart algorithm that protects women from stalkers by displaying only their profile initials. Furthermore, it enables women to send messages without disclosing their contact information.
- Exclusive features for women like Woo Secret, Woo Hide, and Woo Phone.
- Block and Report
- Stringent profile verification parameters.
- Unlimited free chats
- Crush for sending customized messages and obtaining quicker responses from profiles you liked.
- Profile tagging to easily find profiles you liked.
- Woo Plus for visitor information and profiles who liked you.
- App screenshots are disallowed for enhanced safety.
- Phone number encryption.
- Woo Nights for singles.
- Woo videos by celebs and experts.
- Vaccination badges for users.
- Brand films.
Download Woo From Play Store: Woo
Download Woo From Apple Store: Woo
Free Dating Apps In India – Concluding Thoughts!
The above Indian dating apps are free, secure, credible, user-friendly, and easily downloadable on desktops and portable devices. Moreover, you can access advanced features and experience ad-free navigation by subscribing to their paid plans.
The profile registration process is also hassle-free. Besides, adding photographs or integrating social media / Spotify accounts can make your profiles more appealing.
Summing up, dating apps based in India improve your chances of finding someone who ignites the perpetual fire of love in your heart, even though not all virtual encounters will culminate into permanent offline bonds.
Originally researched and published by creativesocialblog.com(c).